Monday, June 21, 2010

How Did This Happen?: On Visiting Forks

You guys. After my last post talking about how I'm not a fan of the Twilight series, I traveled through Forks on my way to the Olympic rain forests of Washington. Of course I ended up stopping at their Dazzled by Twilight store. I have a friend who likes Twilight and thought I would pick her up a sticker or a magnet or a key chain (CAN YOU TELL I AM A CHEAP, CHEAP PERSON?) and I got kind of carried away. I don't know how it happened. But this was basically me:

I started thinking, "Well, I need to get something to commemorate the moment for myself, too. Ironically, of course. Hmmm, here's a nice mug! Oh, and look at that button, how funny! I should get this magnet, too."

I am not even kidding. I don't know why it happened, or how it happened. Or why I'm one of those people who thinks it's okay to buy something ironically. But I bought me some Twilight gear and have been lugging that crap around in the car for the past three days. I blame it on the fact that I was assaulted by all things Bella and Edward and beaten into a dribbling state of submission by the glittery cardboard cut-out of RPattz. Also, the black-lights made all the tags glow in the dark and KStew's cutout was skulking in the back and I turned into a fangirl. I'm afraid it's because there is a small, secret part of me that kind of likes Twilight even though I also am angry, angry, angry at it.

Forks itself was small and rainy and full of nice people. I'm glad they've been able to make Twilight work for them, even though I kind of wonder if some of them hate it. Secretly.

Have any of you been to Forks? Port Angeles? What was your experience like? Also, did anyone go on the Dazzled by Twilight tour? I didn't do it, but I wonder what it's like.

-Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment