Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Book to Movie: Another Success

This is going to be a very short post, but is inspired by the incandescent joy that is the latest movie version of Jane Austen's Emma. I cannot recommend it highly enough; Romola Garai and Johnny Lee Miller are impeccable as Emma Woodhouse and George Knightley. This adaptation is sprightly, engaging, and had me writhing in delight. Garai is so likeable as Emma; neither Kate Beckinsale's nor Gwyneth Paltrow's previous performances can touch hers with a stick. This BBC miniseries was incredibly well-cast, well-written, and well-acted, which seems to be a trend with them. I can safely say it lives up to the quality of the famous BBC version of Pride and Prejudice with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth (and his wet shirt, heh heh).

Here is the trailer:



Go! Now! Rent it! Be hasty! Waste no time!

-Bea

1 comment:

  1. I just watched the Gwenyth Paltrow version a couple weeks ago. It was ok, but I guess I just liked Gwenyth and Alan Cumming in it. :D I haven't seen this one yet, but I'll be sure to soon. There are so many versions of Jane Austen's novels everywhere!

    ReplyDelete