Saturday, September 11, 2010

Other People's Contests and Cool Books

So, I will admit up front that I am writing this post to enter in Brooke's Box of Books' contest, where she is giving away six different books! But I am also writing this post because I've had my eye on one of the books she's giving away and it made me realize that maybe I should say something about this book:

The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff!

I first found out about Brenna over at the Merry Sisters of Fate blog, where she writes with other noted authors Maggie Stiefvater and Tessa Gratton. I always found Yovanoff's writing to be eerie, quiet, and raw. In other words: excellent, if also unsettling. From what I've read about her new book so far, it does not disappoint; hopefully I'll get to find out for myself!

-Bea

1 comment:

  1. Great post!! I've read The Replacement and it's a good read. And the cover? Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete