Thursday, November 4, 2010

Book Blogger Hop (11/5-11/8)

Book Blogger Hop

The book blogger hop is a weekly event hosted by Crazy For Books. This week's question is:

What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?

I am fairly new to the blogging world, so I don't have a whole lot of experience with people actually following in the first place. However, Jennifer at Crazy for Books makes the important distinction between people who click "follow" but don't really read your posts or interact with you and the people who do stop by and actually are interested. Honestly, I don't have time to read all the blogs I've followed so I understand (and wouldn't feel hurt) were people to stop following me because they know they'll never get around to reading my posts. (I have never stopped following a blog, though it's crossed my mind to clear it down to only the ones I am able to read regularly). On the other hand, I would feel pretty guilty if someone who did regularly read and comment stopped following because they thought I was a jerk or I offended them.

How about you?

-Bea

12 comments:

  1. Hopping through. Hope NaNo is going well for you! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bea! Just wanted to stop in and wish you a happy Friday. I don't always have time to comment on every blog I follow, but I do read almost all of them every now and again and I have a core group I consistently read:) I'm an old follower and I hope you have a great weekend!

    Jenny of Supernatural Snark
    www.supernaturalsnark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hopped on through

    I find that when i don't have reason to comment on a blog (even when I do have the time) and when I only skim the surface of a post before I mark it as read, thats when it is time for me to leave a blog...

    Sometimes It's also hard to let go, but as I stated before, changing tastes also influence it and sometime sit does reflect on the author as well and sometimes its hard to distinguish the reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like you are rocking your NaNo based on the word count icon!!! Keep up the good work!!!

    Old follower hoppin through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bea!!

    Stopping by from the blog hop and Im a new follow today...:D Looking forward to reading your reviews and getting to know your blog!!
    Have a great weekend


    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just Hopping by!

    Check out my post over at Sparkling Reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always a little bummed when I lose followers but make every effort to
    turn every lost follower into a learning experience so I can improve my
    performance.

    On the flip side, I only stop following people when they give me a reason to
    such as being totally off message or being too controversial in an negative,
    over-the-top way.

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have time to follow all the blogs I have on my list either. I do my best, though! If someone does drop me, I just try not to take it personally. It happens.

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pretty much feel the same way about followers.

    And I like your NaNoWriMo update posts! I don't update every day on my blog, just occasionally. I'm currently just over 6000 words too and it's actually going better than I thought (at least so far!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I agree with you. I follow a lot of people's blogs but usually don't have time to read a lot of them. Which is saddening because there are so many good book blogs out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I stop following people who haven't blogged in over a year. I follow a lot of blogs but when I get time I try to go through each one to find what I've missed. I usually only comment when I have something pertinent to say. Like now :)

    ReplyDelete