Monday, November 29, 2010

Five Things I Learned From NaNoWriMo

Five Things I Learned from NaNoWriMo

1. I mostly write about body parts. My Wordle basically consisted of "hand" and "hands." I'll leave you to decide how drrty my novel is.*

2. Writing a complete first draft is both more difficult and much easier than I anticipated.

3. Writing a huge, reflective wrap-up post is not for me. If you were waiting on the edge of your seat or settling in with some popcorn, I'm afraid to tell you: this is all there is.

4. I am capable of writing 50,020 words but not a five-point list.

5. Oh, but I just remembered: I am capable of doing something for several hours every day if I enjoy it.

*Actually, I like to have the last word, and the word is this: it's not drrty at all. I would be very comfortable with 17+ reading it.

**Just kidding again. Bad habit. It's solidly PG. Maybe PG-13.

-Bea

PS: Celebrate! No matter how much or how little you wrote this month, you should be proud. Like, even if you just wrote a note to yourself about a novel idea on a post-it. Be proud of that.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats on finishing!!!! I know I couldn't have...Great work! *throws confetti* :D (By your sentences that were posted, your story rocked!)

    -Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, kudos to you for working diligently for NaNo!! Yay! *throws confetti after Lulu* :D Hope you put up more of your story here; it sounds interesting (a mix between Robin Hood and Rapunzel?) :)

    Congrats again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey again, just stopped by to say:

    Congradulations! You've received the Versatile Award!

    Please check out my post about this at:

    http://lulu-bookaddict.blogspot.com/2010/12/award.html

    Congrats from Lulu at The Book Addict!

    -Lulu ;D

    ReplyDelete