Monday, November 15, 2010

NaNoWriMo: Day 15

Day 15 Stats

Words Written: 2373

Total Words:
25,057

Sentence of the Day:
He laughed again--a loud, beery laugh that carried--before stumping off on his wooden leg.

Notes:
Hip-hip HURRAY! Ladies and gentlemen, we've made it to the halfway point.

These past few days have been difficult for me to stay on top of my daily word count, largely due to travel. I have managed to overcome the mounting debt of words by writing in continuous ten-minute sprints. I like this strategy because--for at least ten minutes--it keeps me from checking my word count and updating my NaNo page. At the same time, ten minutes is short enough that I don't lose momentum and I am frequently rewarded by adding 400-some words to my word count graph.

I don't know if you've all heard this before, but I often read that people can sort of train their bodies to write at a certain time (kind of like how you can re-set your sleep schedule). Anyway, I believe I have--unfortunately, and over the span of years--set my writing time to 10:00 pm. This makes it difficult because the words don't flow until I'm already tired and ready for bed! At the same time, I think NaNo is helping me change that schedule a little bit because I am also quite capable of writing during mid-morning now, from 9:00 am on.

Do you have ideal times for writing? What about reading?

-Bea

1 comment:

  1. I can read anytime of the day as long as I am not too tired :( I'm not much of a writer unless I have a total awesome idea...Btw Congradulations on making it to the half way point woo-hoo! :D Steller!

    ReplyDelete