Thursday, November 4, 2010

NaNoWriMo: Day 4

Day 4 Stats

Word Count: 1687

Total Words:
6696

Time Spent:
1 hr. 20 min (approximately)

Sentence of the Day: The coffee table was scattered with a mess of magazines, not fanned in any purposeful display but simply splayed in the chaotic aftermath of reading and rereading, thrown and forgotten with the rest of the mail.

Notes:
I am fairly certain that more should be happening in my story but I am stretching it out so it will last because last year my story was over at 25,000 words. However, I once more contemplated ditching this for a fantasy story I've been working on for some ridiculous amount of time. But starting over at 0 and trying to get to 6662 is daunting. And I still kind of have faith in the one I'm writing anyway. I guess I feel like the quality of my writing is suffering, but a) I haven't written regularly in a long time and b) when I do take my time and make sure what I'm writing is thoughtful and lyrical I end up with a page and a half and then don't add to it for a month, so....It seems my best strategy is to vomit some stuff out, pat it into the general shape of a story, and then make it pretty later. With bows and glitter and stuff.



How's your NaNo progress? If you're not doing NaNo, how is November treating you in general?

-Bea

I don't think I need to explain what's going on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment