Friday, January 7, 2011

Book Blogger Hop 1/7-1/10

Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy for Books. Click here to join in or for more information.

This week's question: What book influenced or changed your life? How did it change it?

Gail Carson Levine's Ella Enchanted was a big favorite of mine when I was younger (and still is, to be honest). It changed my life because it gave me a sense of the kinds of things I myself wanted to write. Ella is a really excellent character as well: She has a very strong sense of self, she's funny and observant, and she is literally fighting against a curse of obedience. Also, shout-out to Prince Charmont! It was one of those books where you want to read more exactly like it but you never really can find one to match it.

-Bea

P.S. The movie version does not count in this, because that was effing terrible.

7 comments:

  1. Heyy! Thanks for stopping (or rather, hopping) by my blog! I have never seen, or read this book. I may have to look into it though!!!

    Stephany @ stephanysbookreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer Bea! I didn't mind the movie but then again I haven't read the book which I am sure is 100% better!(They always are)... I have to read it! Don't you hate it when the movie version messes up with a perfect book? I hate that! Well, I hope you can hop by my blog to see my answer!

    -Lulu The Bookaddict

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will probably come of something as a surprise but the book that changed/influenced my life (more than any other) is a non-fiction book. I know we all focus on novels and the fanciful fiction we love to read but The Four Work Week is the book that gets all the credit. I know the title sounds fictional but it really isn’t. Hop over to my blog and find out why – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Day!


    Howard A. Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I've always meant to read Ella Enchanted. It sounds like an adorable book.
    Happy weekend!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughters loved Ella Enchanted also. I think they read and reread it. This has been a fun Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I recently found your blog via the Blog Hop and I love it! I'm awarding you the Stylish Blogger Award!
    More info here: http://aussiebookshack.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ella Enchanted is probably my favorite book ever! Seriously. I've read it at least 5 or 6 times, if not more. Sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete